Location: UVU BRC (Thanks Victor!)
Date/Time: 2015/01/17 19:00 MT (GMT -7:00)
See you there!
It’s a long overdue meetup with very little notice. (Did you expect any less?). :P
Saturday, October 11, 2014
5:00 PM to 12:00 AM
UVU Business Resource Center
815 West 1250 South, Orem, UT
Saturday, July 26th Noon-Midnight
We have a couple possible locations right now, as well as one possible confirmed. We’ll keep you posted, but wanted to get the word out first.
As always, it’s whatever you want to play, but we will try to have servers for TF2, Quake3, and UT3/2004.
BYOSnacks and some $$$ for food. We are talking about a possible Pizza Order or Hot Pot run.
Keep your eye here, or sign up on our mailing list for updates.
Thanks again to everyone that has put effort into this. We hope to see you around,
If you’ve been on the fence about joining; If you want to be a part of an awesome hackerspace; If you want to help support an awesome community; If you want to learn or teach Electonics, Penetration Testing, Information Security, Programming, Robotics, etc; We need your help now!
Thanks again! We hope to see everyone involved.
PDF BROCHURE : CLICK HERE.
UPDATE 1: Here’s a list of some of the building amenities:
- RFID access control : 24x7x365 Access
- Common Kitchen, Bathrooms (aka building maintained)
- Large parking lot, that is mostly empty after 5pm and on weekends
- Good Environmental Controls. No more warehouse hot/cold.
- Full service. Everything but internet
UPDATE 2: Some things that theTransistor will have:
- Internet! We are looking into a few options, but it should be something pretty good.
- Networking to major areas, wifi for the rest.
- Electronics Gear : Soldering Stations, Hot Air Rework Station, Misc. Spare Components
- Electronics Diagnostic Gear : Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, etc
- Hand tools. Screw drivers, pliers, diagonal cutters, etc.
- 3d printer(s). Available to those that take some basic training
- MAME Cabinet(s). We will be bringing in the 4 Player MAME cabinet to the public area
- Lounge Stuff. Flat-Panel TV(s), Projectors, etc will be brought in again.
- Classroom : Free to schedule. Will have desks, chairs, power, projector, etc.
- Game Servers. We’ll be bringing back the games. :P
- Library. The Transistor Physical Tech-Book Library.
- Storage. ALL members will receive a small storage cube.
- LAN Parties. Regularly scheduled LAN Parties.
- Tech Meetings / Talks. Talks from the Open Source User Groups Communities.
- Private Desk areas will include a separate, locked room for each 6-8 Private Desk Members.
- Group Projects. Those that have worked on these in the past, can confirm these are super fun.
- Pranks! Always kind-hearted. And always funny.
- Community Parties : We generally throw a Halloween and New Years Party.
- HackerSpace Decor : BYO Posters, LED Lighting, etc. We’ll keep the space awesome!
- Possible Small CNC Machines. d3c4f may bring his small CNC Mill/Lathe in for members to use.
- Possible Laser Cutter. d3c4f may bring his in after we get going, or we may buy a new one.
- Possible Vinyl Cutter. Again, this will be if there is space / time available.
- Possibly the drill press and a few of the safer tools, as insurance will allow.
Ahhhh yissss! It’s FINALLY ready!
Time to purchase your DEFCON22 DC801/theTransistor “Party Badge”.
Meeting Place: UVU BRC [directions]
Date/Time: Saturday, May 31, 2014 4:00pm
Topic(s): theTransistor, UTOS, HotPot, the new Transistor video game
(This meetup is for these topics only. Please no bringing up other hacker/makerspaces/organizations this time.)
We are currently working on a new location in American Fork. We have a very awesome co-partner in this venture: Utah Open Source. This is a very exciting possibility, and we really would love for everyone to come out and show your support for this cause. To make this happen, we will need a lot of members.
We are proposing 2 levels of membership. The standard $50 level which will give you 24x7x365 access to the hackerspace, as well as a small space to store your project(s). The upper level will be at a higher rate and include a dedicated desk area in a separate (locked) rooms which will house 6-7 members. As there will be a limited number of dedicated desk spaces, these will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis, and will require a 12 month commitment. Automatic withdrawal will be setup and required for membership. Accommodations for manual payments may be made in special cases.
We would also like to provide a good internet connection, and possibly a small VPS for each member. We will be bringing in electronics and software gear, as well as the MAME cabinet and a lot of the old gear. We won’t be providing a Metal Shop or a Wood Shop as the liability / insurance is just too high. At this point we don’t believe that we can SAFELY make these work.
Our suite will include 3 large office rooms (with lots of windows), a medium sized-classroom (600 sq.ft), another large office (with no windows), a huge main room, and a private bathroom (with a shower). I don’t know why we are mentioning the shower, but it will probably come in handy at some point.
There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.
Thanks to Mindjuju, we have a meeting location in Orem! Here are the details:
Date/Time: Saturday, April 26th : 4pm-6pm
Place: UVU Business Resource Center
Address: 815 West 1250 South, Orem, UT 84057
Map: See http://plug.org/uvu
After 6pm: Dinner at Four Seasons Hot Pot in Provo for anyone that wants to come down. Cost is around $15 + tip.
Hope to see everyone there!
EDIT: Forgot some people might need an address:
1187 s 1480 w
Orem, UT 84058
Things you will want to bring:
- Computer or Laptop
- Power Strip
- Food, or money for food. (Bring $15 + tip for Hot Pot if you want to go).
- Up to date list of curse words
- Game Servers
- Quake 3
- Maybe a few others also
- Internet access
- Tables / Seating (If you have a special chair you are welcome to bring your own
- Your mom jokes and admin-abuse
- Good company
SEE YOU THERE!
We are shutting down. At least for a while.
What to bring:
a cotton t-shirt or other article of clothing you’d like to “screen” print with Lumi paint
Free Class: node.js
2013/09/12 @ 7:00 pm
Come join us for “Learn a New Programming Language Night”. This month AJ will be presenting node.js
Stop on by, bring a friend, and see why node.js is gaining such a rapid following.
You are (highly) encouraged to bring a laptop to follow along. WiFi will be available.
Where: Orem Transistor
When: Thursday, June 13th 7:00pm-10:00pm
This Month: Lua
Presented By: Levi (and possible co-presenter)